If you’re craving something sweet, delicious and full of protein, then try out these amazing protein chocolate muffins!
The ingredients may seem like a lot, but, the muffins are simple, fun, only take 30 minutes to prepare and cook, and the recipe is super easy to follow!
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup (or 2 scoops) of chocolate protein powder
6 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 1/2 cup whole wheat-white flour (if you are unable to use this ingredient, you can use 3/4 cup of whole grain plus 3/4 cup of all purpose flour instead).
1 whole egg (lightly beaten)
4 egg whites (lightly beaten)
1 cup skim milk
1 1/2 cups low-fat vanilla Greek Yoghurt
1 tablespoon coconut oil (you can also use vegetable oil instead of this)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
And 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (yum!)
You will also need:
Wooden spoon or mixer
Both a large and small mixing bowl
20 muffin cups
- Make sure your muffin cups are placed into the muffin tray before you begin mixing your ingredients.
- Combine all wet ingredients into the small mixing bowl.
- Combine all dry ingredients into the large mixing bowl. (Side note: This does not include the chocolate chips.)
- Once you have combined both bowls, create a hole in the centre of the dry ingredients (large) bowl.
- Then pour your wet ingredients (small bowl) into the hole and begin to combine all ingredients together.
- Before your mixture is completely combined, add the chocolate chips. Be careful that you do not over mix your ingredients.
- Evenly pour the batter into the 20 muffin cups and bake for approximately 20 minutes. Make sure you continue to check them every 3-5 minutes to be safe!
By Natasha Pietrobuono